Infrastructure and Learning Resources
High quality education is possible with adequate infrastructure and learning resources. Sree Chaitanya College strives to offer better facilities and opportunities for sustained learning.
The campus is situated on a property consisting of 89,030.83 Sq Mt (22 acres) (approx.) of land in which the area of walled campus is 16,349.57sq.m. (4.04 acres). There are buildings for administration, teaching-learning and Boys hostel. The campus houses laboratories, library, NCC, Sports room, gymnasium, Boys' and Girls' common rooms, seminar/conference hall, auditorium, open-air theatre, and canteen.
The policy of the college is to enhance the existing infrastructure and add new amenities to facilitate effective teaching and learning. The college, over the years, has supplemented its existing infrastructure by constructing a PG Building Block, new class rooms and computer labs. We are on the verge of construction of a new Diamond Jubilee Administrative Block. ...
- Students' Health Home: Sree Chaitanya College, Habra is included in the Universal Membership Scheme of Students' Health Home. Accordingly there is provision for treatment of ailing students who can avail of all the privilege and facilities of Students' Health Home.
- Students' Concession: In order to encourage the students coming from the financially lower section of society concession are given in the form of free studentship.
- Spoken English Course: The department of English of Sree Chaitanya College, Habra conducts a weekly class on Communicative English in order to train the students to express themselves in English, effectively and successfully. The spoken English Class is open to all the students of our college who are interested to acquire proficiency in English. The course is designed by the teachers of the department of English, who, through this class, hope to inculcate among the vernacular-educated students of our college ample confidence to converse in English.
- Psychological Counseling: In order to address the psychological complexity and conflicts of our young adult students, a counseling cell has been formed in our college. A professional counselor visits our college regularly, to attend students who seek help and guidance. We, at Sree Chaitanya College, believe that a timely intervention by our professional may help in arresting the ailments of a derailed mind and place them in a healthy stance that may empower them to handle the difficult situations of life efficiently.
- Group Insurance for the employees of the College: All the employees of the Sree Chaitanya College, Habra have been brought under a group insurance scheme, against a payment of nominal monthly premium. At the time of superannuation employees receive a lump sum amount from here.